DOCTOR OF THE MONTH (April 2016): Dr. Gaurang Shah
• Dr. Gaurang Shah is the Head of Department of Urology and a Senior Consultant at Saifee Hospital. He has been associated with the institute since its inception.|
• His area of specialization include Robotic Surgery, Radical Prostatectomy for cancers of the prostate, kidney tumours, Kidney Transplant and use of Minimal Invasive Surgery technique for other kidney and bladder diseases. He is a leading Urologist in Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in Mumbai.
• He is an avid teacher and an Asst. Professor at Grant Medical College and J.J. Hospital.
• A recognized teacher for the Diplomate National Board of Examination in Urology and Fellowship degree course in Minimal Access Surgery in Urology, he regularly conducts Journal Club Meetings & classes for DNB/CPS students and also conducts Fellowship Programs for Urologists from Nigeria and Greece at Saifee Hospital.
• He may be contacted at 022-67570360 from 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.